Running ASP.Net Application where site files on remote server

Yinka

Hello,
I recieve the following error when I run my ASP.Net application
Server Error in '/' Application.

Parser Error

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'Marketing.Global'.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Application Codebehind="Global.asax.vb"
Inherits="Marketing.Global" %>

Source File: \\pluto\staging_sites\marketingdb\global.asax Line: 1

Version:1.1.4322.573

I have developed an APS.Net application on my development server and all
works fine. Here the home directory is a folder on the web server and it is
running IIS6.

In my testing area I have the following setup
Server A runs IIS6. The Web site has its content based on a share on server
B. Server B is not running IIS in any format and is more of a file store
(the content folder is shared).

The application works fine if the files are located in a directory on Server
A but if I change the web site properties such that the content is based
on a share on a remote computer, the above error is displayed.

What do I need to do to Server A so that I can place the source files on
this second server? I can do this with no problems when the website is based
on ASP files but not ASPX files.

I am doing this as a precursor to deploying a web cluster where the web
content is placed in one place and the websites on the deifferent machines
point to that content folder.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Yinka

Marshal Antony

The problem is kind of the same with running applications across app
domains.
This may sound like a distributed application.The IIS can run ASP.NET pages
from a UNC but will be hard time
pulling the assemblies into memory.That is what the message Parser Error
Message: Could not load type 'Marketing.Global'.
The solutions can be put all your code in aspx pages so that you
don't have load assemblies into memory and the app will compile itself.
Another one is map the UNC to a drive letter in the local drive of the
IIS and use it when you create the virtual directory.

Impersonation may be an option to look into but I am not sure whether
it will suite in this scenario or not.
Anybody has more suggestions on it?

Hope this helps

Regards,