    VS2203 ASP.NEt is not compatible with?

    thanks
    Sameer

    =?Utf-8?B?c2FtZWVy?=, Apr 23, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?c2FtZWVy?=

    Guest

    Hey, Sameer. I had the same problem with VS.NET 2002.

    I noticed that my IIS wasn't configured to handle ASP.NET. You can
    check that at

    * Start->Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Internet Information
    Services
    * Then expand the (local computer) and right-click Default Web site and
    select Properties.
    *Select the "Home Directory" tab and hit the "Configuration..." button
    near the bottom right.

    In the "Mappings" tab, you should see mappings to files with extensions
    like *.asax, *.ascx, *.aspc, etc. etc.

    If not, then you need to register the .NET framework with IIS. There's
    an EXE file called "aspnet_regiis.exe" in each installation of the .NET
    Framework that will do this for you. On my machine I ran the following
    commands at the command prompt (The info I read told me to use the "-r"
    extension, so I just did that without looking further into it):

    C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\aspnet_regiis.exe -r
    C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_regiis.exe -r

    Now I have .NET set up in IIS. Since I ran the registration for .NET
    version 1.1.4322 after the 1.0 one, it looks like my IIS is set to use
    version 1.1. I believe if I ran the 1.0 registration again, I'd be set
    up for 1.0.

    I haven't tested it out yet, but I think this will work (I'm still
    waiting for VS.NET to reinstall while I'm writing this... I wish I had
    found this first.. ugh). I'll report back if it's successful.

    -Stephen

    sameer wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > My new computer has Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition as the
    > operating system. I am trying to run VStudio 2003 , ASP.NET on IIS 5.0
    > but every single time i run the source code of my application , it shows me
    > the message "unable to run debugging, please try running it using the option
    > "start with out debugging" which then start the application.
    >
    > Can any body tell me why this is happening, coudl it be the OS with which
    > VS2203 ASP.NEt is not compatible with?
    >
    > thanks
    > Sameer

    , May 3, 2006

  3. thanks for your help stephen, i did ran the registration tool before itself,
    if not then IIS does not support ASP.Net at all. I think in my case it is the
    operating system that does not support debugging itself.

    thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?c2FtZWVy?=, May 3, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?c2FtZWVy?=

    Guest

    I am apparently running Windows XP Media Center Edition 2002 with
    Service Pack 2.

    My problem is solved now after I registered .NET with IIS. I also
    reinstalled VS.NET Pro (2002) at the same time, so that might have
    helped too.

    The only other thing I did was to add some Users to some of the
    Security Groups in the Computer Management. I did a few just trying
    things out, but that was before I did the registration again. Here's
    some I did:

    * Added the ASPNET user to the Administrators Group
    * Added ASPNET to the COMPUTERNAME Admins Group
    * I may have added Administrator, IUSR_COMPUTERNAME, IWAM_COMPUTERNAME,
    & my current user to the "Debugger Users" & "VS Developers" Groups

    The only other thing I can think of is that I reran the Windows
    Component Update CD. Other than that, this is pretty much a new
    computer I just got up and running.

    , May 4, 2006
  5. Stephen , after u mentioned it to me i though let me try it again and boom it
    is working now... i reran the aspnet tool and boom i can debug now.

    thanks for your help

    =?Utf-8?B?c2FtZWVy?=, May 5, 2006