Running ASP on non-IIS Microsoft servers

Placek

Hello

I use Win2K and want to serve ASP pages on my desktop. Alas, I am unable to
install IIS as I mislaid my installation disks. Does anyone know whether
either of the servers accompanying the web matrix project or Visual Web
Developer Express run ASP web pages?

Thanks in advance

Martin Placek

Hal Rosser

Placek said:
Hello

I use Win2K and want to serve ASP pages on my desktop. Alas, I am unable to
install IIS as I mislaid my installation disks. Does anyone know whether
either of the servers accompanying the web matrix project or Visual Web
Developer Express run ASP web pages?

Thanks in advance

Martin Placek

There used to be a program called "AHTML" (ActiveHTML) that was free, and
worked with abyss web server on windows, but I think it is no longer
available - you may can find an old copy on the web somewhere.
Regarding ChiliSoft - keep in mind it only works on server os's - and
not on workstation os's.
I know this does not answer your question, but hope it helps.

Martin Honnen

Placek said:
Does anyone know whether
either of the servers accompanying the web matrix project or Visual Web
Developer Express run ASP web pages?

ASP.NET yes, but classic ASP not.