    Developer Express run ASP web pages?

    Thanks in advance

    Martin Placek

    Placek, Dec 31, 2005

  2. Placek

    Hal Rosser Guest

    "Placek" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello
    >
    > I use Win2K and want to serve ASP pages on my desktop. Alas, I am unable

    > install IIS as I mislaid my installation disks. Does anyone know whether
    > either of the servers accompanying the web matrix project or Visual Web
    > Developer Express run ASP web pages?
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > Martin Placek

    There used to be a program called "AHTML" (ActiveHTML) that was free, and
    worked with abyss web server on windows, but I think it is no longer
    available - you may can find an old copy on the web somewhere.
    Regarding ChiliSoft - keep in mind it only works on server os's - and
    not on workstation os's.
    I know this does not answer your question, but hope it helps.

    Hal Rosser, Dec 31, 2005

  3. Placek wrote:

    > Does anyone know whether
    > either of the servers accompanying the web matrix project or Visual Web
    > Developer Express run ASP web pages?

    ASP.NET yes, but classic ASP not.

    --

    Martin Honnen --- MVP XML