Running cabarc.exe under Wine: FCICreate() failed

A. Farber

Hi,

has anyone succeeded in running Miscrosoft's cabarc.exe
on Linux, using Wine? I'm developing a small applet and
even though I use "jar cf0" to pack it, the Internet
Explorer with Microsoft's Java VM reports "Class not found".

So I've decided to supply a .cab file as well, but the
"wine cabarc.exe n mycab.cab *.class *.gif *.au" fails with:

Microsoft (R) Cabinet Tool - Version 5.1.2600.0
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved..

Creating new cabinet 'Pref3.cab' with compression 'MSZIP':
FCICreate() failed: code 4 [Could not create a temporary file]

I then look into my home dir and see many ~/xx1234.tmp files.
When I run strace, I notice error messages like:

ioctl(9, VFAT_IOCTL_READDIR_BOTH, 0x40590850) = -1
ENOTTY (Inappropriate ioctl for device)

So has anyone been successfull in using cabarc.exe on Unix?

Regards
Alex

Matt Parker

A. Farber said:
Hi,

has anyone succeeded in running Miscrosoft's cabarc.exe
on Linux, using Wine? I'm developing a small applet and
even though I use "jar cf0" to pack it, the Internet
Explorer with Microsoft's Java VM reports "Class not found".

Have you tried cabextract, the native Linux option?
http://www.kyz.uklinux.net/cabextract.php

I've had excellent results with it.

Matt