Running daily process on hosted web site

Steve Richter

I am using godaddy.com to host my web sites. I would like my site to
send me an email every day informing me of how many visitors there were
to the site in the last 24 hours.

Which means I need to run a process on the godaddy server that wakes up
every 24 hours and runs the email code.

Is my ASP.NET server code able to create a process independent of IIS?

Is there a special term for this in IIS? Is there a term I can use
when talking to the godaddy tech people so they know what I am asking
for?

thanks,

-Steve

John Timney \(ASP.NET MVP\)

You could probably run a thread on application on_start that invokes a timer
event, and mails you as you need.

--
Regards

John Timney
ASP.NET MVP
Microsoft Regional Director

Mark Newmister

Just create a non-public page that does what you need and invoke it remotely
at will - via your browser. And, if you really need to automate it just in
put it in a scheduled task that runs on your local pc.

Steve Richter

Mark said:
Just create a non-public page that does what you need and invoke it remotely
at will - via your browser. And, if you really need to automate it just in
put it in a scheduled task that runs on your local pc.

what a great idea!

thanks,

-Steve