    Thanks alot,
    Alina

    , Mar 13, 2006

  2. Re: running different plugins within a java application in differentJVMs [urgent need of help]

    wrote:
    > Hello everyone,
    >
    > I am developing an application that supports loading plugins. It is
    > using the JPF framwork. The problem that I am having is that I want to
    > start each of the plugins within the application in different java
    > versions (start a JVM within another JVM). Currently, the plugins are
    > running as parts of my main application and not as different
    > applications...this is what JPF supports.
    >
    > Can anyone please help me with this? It is really important that I
    > manage to do this.

    There might be numerous reasons you are not getting an answer and it
    could be one of the following reason:

    - the answer is obvious, so you should RTMF or google for it
    - nobody here knows any thing about it
    - you are not really asking a question

    in any case, if you find that nobody answers your questions, then you
    might consider rethinking your problem and perhaps rephrasing it. It
    certainly does not help to post the same question text several times.

    /tom

    tom fredriksen, Mar 13, 2006

  3. Roedy Green Guest

    On 13 Mar 2006 07:55:44 -0800, wrote, quoted or
    indirectly quoted someone who said :

    >I am developing an application that supports loading plugins. It is
    >using the JPF framwork. The problem that I am having is that I want to
    >start each of the plugins within the application in different java
    >versions (start a JVM within another JVM). Currently, the plugins are
    >running as parts of my main application and n

    Your question boils down to how do I exec many different java.exe's.
    You exec them same as any other program. See
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/exec.html

    The hard part is finding them. To do that you would have to:

    1. ask the user to tell you where they are or navigate to them.

    2. have the user compose you a properties file with the ones she wants
    you to use.

    3. scan the disks looking for them.

    4. in Windows, look in the registry. See
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/registry.html

    5. install them yourself and remember where you put them.
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Mar 13, 2006