Running Excel on the Server

Sylvia

Dear All,

Would appreciate if someone can help me out on this.

I have an Excel Add-in which is only available on the web server.
The Add-in allows user to retrieve data from a proprietary database.

I have configured an Excel workbook to retrieve the data via the Add-in base
on some inputs that the user enter in some cells (B7 and B8) in sheet1.

As the clients do not have the Add-in I cannot just activate the Excel
spreadsheet when the user request for it over the web as the formulas will
not work.

I have written a macro in the Excel spreadsheet such that it will
recalculate and then make a static copy of itself.

I would like to know how I can pass the values from an asp page to cells B7
and B8 and then run the macro in the Excel and display the static copy for
the user.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks a lot!

Newbie to ASP,