Running Excel on the Server

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Sylvia, Jan 8, 2004.

  1. Sylvia

    Sylvia Guest

    Dear All,

    Would appreciate if someone can help me out on this.

    I have an Excel Add-in which is only available on the web server.
    The Add-in allows user to retrieve data from a proprietary database.

    I have configured an Excel workbook to retrieve the data via the Add-in base
    on some inputs that the user enter in some cells (B7 and B8) in sheet1.

    As the clients do not have the Add-in I cannot just activate the Excel
    spreadsheet when the user request for it over the web as the formulas will
    not work.

    I have written a macro in the Excel spreadsheet such that it will
    recalculate and then make a static copy of itself.

    I would like to know how I can pass the values from an asp page to cells B7
    and B8 and then run the macro in the Excel and display the static copy for
    the user.

    Any suggestions are welcome.

    Thanks a lot!

    Newbie to ASP,
    Sylvia
    Sylvia, Jan 8, 2004

  2. Sylvia

    Brynn Guest

    changing the excel sheet should be easy enough with ASP ... just like
    any other db connection ...

    as far as running a macro there are threads in google about this ...

    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=...02&as_maxd=8&as_maxm=1&as_maxy=2004&lr=&hl=en

    one for example

    after the macro is done, reading the static excel page should be easy
    enough.

    Brynn, Jan 8, 2004