running executable from asp.net on IIS

ThunderMusic

Hi,
I'm running an asp.net application on IIS (Windows XP pro, dev machine).
The app must call an exe in order to run an API, but in the doc it says we
must redirect to the .exe, but IIS asks me for my credentials every time
(username/password) even if I don't have any authentication enabled in the
app. The Execution Permission is set to "Scripts and Executables" for the
folder in IIS. anonymous can read, list and execute and ASPNET(user) too.

Am-I missing something? is there something else I must do?

thanks

ThunderMusic

I found the problem. Finally, the exe has to be in the application path...
mine was in wwwroot/cgi-bin, now it's in wwwroot/apppath/cgi-bin and it
works fine.