Running files that are above the wwwroot

CES

All,
I was wondering is their a way of accessing/running .aspx pages that live
above the web root. An example would

webserver Account\Webroot1\default.aspx
webserver Account\Webroot2\default.aspx
webserver Account\Somefile.aspx(or .txt)

In the example above I want to access the file Somefile.aspx from both of
the websites(Webroot1 and Webroot2). This file could be a footer/ terms of
use / privacy policy etc. In short a file that is shared across multiple web
sites.

My first question is other than eval() which is only available in JScript is
their another way of doing the above???

And secondly ?? if not ?? Then I have another problem. I've created a custom
eval dll that does one thing it allows me to use the eval() JScript
statement with all .net languages. It works fine until I put it on my ISP's
servers. The problem accurse when they move my accounts to new server which
seems to happen every 2-3 mth's.

My ISP sets up their .NET IIS Servers using the default Machine.Configfile
file (which I don't have access to) and their for omits the needed
Assemblies section's Lines of XML that allows me to run the eval() file.

<assemblies><!-Section of the Machine.Configfile-->
<add assembly="Microsoft.JScript, Version=7.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
</assemblies>

Is there a way of adding the above somewhere that I do control either in the
..aspx file (this is my current header):

<%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" Codebehind="default.aspx.vb"
Inherits="WebApplication1.WebForm1"%>
<%@ assembly name="Microsoft.JScript" %>

or can it be added within the web.config or global.asax file???

Scott M.

You must make the folder that the files exist in a "virtual directory" to
IIS. Right click the folder, and choose "Sharing", when the dialog comes
up, switch to the "Web Sharing" tab and choose to share the directory,
default permissions should be ok.

Now, the folder will be accessible from the web server as:
http://serverName/folderName/fileName.aspx

CES

Scott,

Thanks for the idea but as I said I don't have access to the server to
create a virtual directory and your solution would leave my with the same
problem I have now if my ISP moves me to a new server for any reason I would
lose access to the virtual directory.
CES

Scott M.

But if you are having this application hosted, what makes you think you
would have access to any other part of their machine other than your
application folder?

Why not just put your common file in one of your application directories and
simply call it from the other via its full http path?