Running Framework 2.0 before November

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?ZGhucml2ZXJzaWRl?=, Jul 27, 2005.

  1. Hi guys

    Just after some opinions/thoughts really.

    I was with a client yesterday discussing their new web based application
    that I'm going to be developing. Currently, they already have a Framework1.1
    web app running (which I wrote).

    I was suggesting that I would want to write this new application in
    VS2005/.net 2.0, and they were happy with that. But, they were wondering how
    dangerous it would be to run a beta framework on their server? Basically, for
    the 6wks before we get a final release of VS2005.

    What are people's thoughts on this? Is the current .net2 beta safe to use?
    Will it install concurrently with 1.1 (so I don't have to recompile my
    current app)?

    I know I'd need a GoLive license from MS, but that shouldn't be a problem.

    Cheers

    Dan

    =?Utf-8?B?ZGhucml2ZXJzaWRl?=, Jul 27, 2005

  2. Hi Dan
    I suggest you not to run a beta framework on the server(but Yes if it
    is development server go ahead and u can use it but remember its going to be
    a beta version and MS may comeup with alot of changes...during final
    release..better u develop or create architecture which can be shifted
    immediately without major work to framework...........
    me too sailing on the same boath...1.1 and waiting for 2.0..

    =?Utf-8?B?SEFSSSBQUkFTRCBCQVJV?=, Jul 27, 2005

  3. I have already noticed some recent changes in the class libraries. Nothing
    major, but something to keep an eye on.

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer