Running Framework 2.0 before November

Guest

Hi guys

Just after some opinions/thoughts really.

I was with a client yesterday discussing their new web based application
that I'm going to be developing. Currently, they already have a Framework1.1
web app running (which I wrote).

I was suggesting that I would want to write this new application in
VS2005/.net 2.0, and they were happy with that. But, they were wondering how
dangerous it would be to run a beta framework on their server? Basically, for
the 6wks before we get a final release of VS2005.

What are people's thoughts on this? Is the current .net2 beta safe to use?
Will it install concurrently with 1.1 (so I don't have to recompile my
current app)?

I know I'd need a GoLive license from MS, but that shouldn't be a problem.

Cheers

Dan

Guest

Hi Dan
I suggest you not to run a beta framework on the server(but Yes if it
is development server go ahead and u can use it but remember its going to be
a beta version and MS may comeup with alot of changes...during final
release..better u develop or create architecture which can be shifted
immediately without major work to framework...........
me too sailing on the same boath...1.1 and waiting for 2.0..

Kevin Spencer

I have already noticed some recent changes in the class libraries. Nothing
major, but something to keep an eye on.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer