Running Multiple Versions of Instiki on Same Host?

Anthony Baker

Hey Folks,

Am wondering if anyone has any pointers to info on how to run multiple
versions of Instiki on a single host.

What I'd like to be able to do is install three separate copies of
Instiki under the same domain, each in its own directory. As Instiki
runs by default on Port 2500, I'm assuming I'd have to configure each
copy to run on a separate port, yes?

Would editing instiki.rb be enough -- modifying the following:

OPTIONS = {
:server_type => fork_available ? Daemon : SimpleServer,
:port => 2500,
:storage => "#{cdir}/storage",
:pdflatex => pdflatex_available
}

to be something like

OPTIONS = {
:server_type => fork_available ? Daemon : SimpleServer,
:port => 2505,
:storage => "#{cdir}/storage",
:pdflatex => pdflatex_available
}

on the new install?

Would love someone who's done something similar to offer any
pointers/tips they might have on the subject.

Thanks in advance,

Anthony

Mauricio Fernández

Hey Folks,

Am wondering if anyone has any pointers to info on how to run multiple
versions of Instiki on a single host.

What I'd like to be able to do is install three separate copies of
Instiki under the same domain, each in its own directory. As Instiki
runs by default on Port 2500, I'm assuming I'd have to configure each
copy to run on a separate port, yes?

Would editing instiki.rb be enough -- modifying the following: [...]
on the new install?

You don't need multiple installs; just specify the port as a command
line option with -p, and the storage dir with -t.
You might need to create the storage dirs manually or patch instiki
(that is a well known issue with the upstream version).

Aredridel

You don't need multiple installs; just specify the port as a command
line option with -p, and the storage dir with -t.
You might need to create the storage dirs manually or patch instiki
(that is a well known issue with the upstream version).

This is what I do for my (several) instiki installs.

Each gets a successive port number, and an entry in my main httpd's proxy table.