Running Multiple Versions of Instiki on Same Host?

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Anthony Baker, Oct 30, 2004.

  1. Hey Folks,

    Am wondering if anyone has any pointers to info on how to run multiple
    versions of Instiki on a single host.

    What I'd like to be able to do is install three separate copies of
    Instiki under the same domain, each in its own directory. As Instiki
    runs by default on Port 2500, I'm assuming I'd have to configure each
    copy to run on a separate port, yes?

    Would editing instiki.rb be enough -- modifying the following:

    OPTIONS = {
    :server_type => fork_available ? Daemon : SimpleServer,
    :port => 2500,
    :storage => "#{cdir}/storage",
    :pdflatex => pdflatex_available
    }

    to be something like

    OPTIONS = {
    :server_type => fork_available ? Daemon : SimpleServer,
    :port => 2505,
    :storage => "#{cdir}/storage",
    :pdflatex => pdflatex_available
    }

    on the new install?

    Would love someone who's done something similar to offer any
    pointers/tips they might have on the subject.

    Thanks in advance,

    Anthony
    Anthony Baker, Oct 30, 2004

  2. On Sun, Oct 31, 2004 at 03:23:55AM +0900, Anthony Baker wrote:
    > Hey Folks,
    >
    > Am wondering if anyone has any pointers to info on how to run multiple
    > versions of Instiki on a single host.
    >
    > What I'd like to be able to do is install three separate copies of
    > Instiki under the same domain, each in its own directory. As Instiki
    > runs by default on Port 2500, I'm assuming I'd have to configure each
    > copy to run on a separate port, yes?
    >
    > Would editing instiki.rb be enough -- modifying the following:

    [...]
    > on the new install?

    You don't need multiple installs; just specify the port as a command
    line option with -p, and the storage dir with -t.
    You might need to create the storage dirs manually or patch instiki
    (that is a well known issue with the upstream version).

    --
    Running Debian GNU/Linux Sid (unstable)
    batsman dot geo at yahoo dot com
    Mauricio Fernández, Oct 30, 2004

  3. Anthony Baker

    Aredridel Guest

    > You don't need multiple installs; just specify the port as a command
    > line option with -p, and the storage dir with -t.
    > You might need to create the storage dirs manually or patch instiki
    > (that is a well known issue with the upstream version).

    This is what I do for my (several) instiki installs.

    Each gets a successive port number, and an entry in my main httpd's proxy table.
    Aredridel, Oct 31, 2004