Running Perl/CGI scripts in Tomcat server

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by kath, Feb 20, 2007.

  1. kath

    kath Guest

    Hi,

    I have problem running my cgi scripts under Apache Tomcat server. I am
    using Apache Tomcat/5.5.20 on WinXP. I followed the instruction tips I
    found out at

    http://www.wellho.net/forum/Perl-Programming/Running-Perl-CGI-scripts-under-Apache-Tomcat.html

    http://www.ftponline.com/javapro/2003_03/online/perl_teden_03_18_03/page2.aspx

    but still I could not get the scripts running.

    I get HTTP status 404 error.

    The directory structure I have is (Please ignore the line break)
    C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.5\webapps
    \examples #
    this is folder I created it
    \WEB-INF #
    this is folder I created it
    \cgi
    # this is folder I created it
    ------> script1.cgi
    ------> script2.cgi

    The script runs perfectly on Apache HTTPD server. Can any one tell me
    clearly what needs to be done to get my script running.

    Thank you,
    Regards,
    kath

    kath, Feb 20, 2007

  2. kath

    kath Guest

    On Feb 20, 8:29 am, "kath" <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have problem running my cgi scripts under Apache Tomcat server. I am
    > using Apache Tomcat/5.5.20 on WinXP. I followed the instruction tips I
    > found out at
    >
    > http://www.wellho.net/forum/Perl-Programming/Running-Perl-CGI-scripts...
    >
    > http://www.ftponline.com/javapro/2003_03/online/perl_teden_03_18_03/p...
    >
    > but still I could not get the scripts running.
    >
    > I get HTTP status 404 error.
    >
    > The directory structure I have is (Please ignore the line break)
    > C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.5\webapps
    > \examples #
    > this is folder I created it
    > \WEB-INF #
    > this is folder I created it
    > \cgi
    > # this is folder I created it
    > ------> script1.cgi
    > ------> script2.cgi
    >
    > The script runs perfectly on Apache HTTPD server. Can any one tell me
    > clearly what needs to be done to get my script running.
    >
    > Thank you,
    > Regards,
    > kath

    Well! I got the mistake I was doing. I was keeping the \cgi\*.cgi in
    examples\WEB-INF\cgi\*.cgi under webapps folder.

    But server was looking under \webpps\ROOT\.. . So I kept the \cgi
    \*.cgi under
    \webapps\ROOT\

    Thanks for the reply Sherm.

    Thank you,