Running Perl script in the backend from Html

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by satish2112@gmail.com, Sep 11, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Following is my HTML template:

    <head>
    <title>Web page</title>
    </head>
    <form method="post" action="script.pl">
    p>
    </form>

    And the Perl Script script.pl is:

    #!/usr/bin/perl
    use strict;
    use warnings;
    use CGI;
    use DBI;

    my $query = new CGI();
    my $Value = $query->param('field');

    my $dbh = DBI->connect('server address', 'username','password');
    my $sth = $dbh->prepare("UPDATE tablename SET columnname = '$Value'
    where condition;");
    $sth->execute();
    $sth->finish();
    $dbh->disconnect;

    if i click on the submit button, another webpage is opened and the
    perl script is executed.
    is there any way so that the perl script runs in the backend? ( so
    that another webpage doesnt pop-up). how can i modify the above html
    code in order to run the perl script in the backend?

    , Sep 11, 2007

    I'm not certain your question makes sense.

    On the one hand you say the script is executed, on the other hand you
    as how to run the script on the backend.

    For starters you need to:

    1. Confirm your web server is configured to run cgi scripts. Most
    servers have cgi turned off by default and some don't support cgi at
    all.

    2. Confirm that the path to script.pl is correct.

    , Sep 11, 2007