    greetings R

    ---
    , Dec 16, 2003

  2. wrote:

    > I've got a question how can I write a program(computing program)
    > working in OS background(Win or Linux)?

    Wrong newsgroups: these are questions specific to those systems, not
    about the C/C++ languages in general. Try a Linux or Unix programming
    newsgroup, and a Windows programming newsgroup. And I strongly suggest
    that you write two postings, don't crosspost between the two groups.

    --
    Hallvard
    Hallvard B Furuseth, Dec 16, 2003

  3. Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:
    > wrote:
    >

    >>I've got a question how can I write a program(computing program)
    >>working in OS background(Win or Linux)?

    > Wrong newsgroups: these are questions specific to those systems, not
    > about the C/C++ languages in general. Try a Linux or Unix programming
    > newsgroup, and a Windows programming newsgroup. And I strongly suggest
    > that you write two postings, don't crosspost between the two groups.

    What he said.

    The function you want is probably fork().
    Jeffrey Schwab, Dec 16, 2003

    Hallvard B Furuseth <h.b.furuseth(nospam)@usit.uio(nospam).no> wrote in message news:<>...
    > And I strongly suggest
    > that you write two postings, don't crosspost between the two groups.

    Actually, if an article belongs in both groups, a crosspost is
    preferable. A crosspost means there is only one news article.
    A multi post means there is a distinct article for each group.

    However, the cases where an article actually belongs in both
    groups should be comparably rare. In this case, the OP was
    off topic in both groups.
    Socks
    , Dec 16, 2003
  5. puppet_sock wrote:
    >Hallvard B Furuseth <h.b.furuseth(nospam)@usit.uio(nospam).no> wrote in message news:<>...
    >> And I strongly suggest
    >> that you write two postings, don't crosspost between the two groups.

    > Actually, if an article belongs in both groups, a crosspost is
    > preferable.

    It doesn't. He wants to know how to do it on Linux and how to do it on
    Windows. The answers will be different, and each is completely off-
    topic for the other group. In addition, one never knows when a Windows
    posting on a Linux group will trigger a flame war or some possilby
    truthful but certainly useless 'Windows is trash' postings.

    --
    Hallvard
    Hallvard B Furuseth, Dec 17, 2003
  6. "Jeffrey Schwab" <> wrote in message
    > Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:
    > > wrote:
    > >

    > >>I've got a question how can I write a program(computing program)
    > >>working in OS background(Win or Linux)?

    > > Wrong newsgroups: these are questions specific to those systems, not
    > > about the C/C++ languages in general. Try a Linux or Unix programming
    > > newsgroup, and a Windows programming newsgroup. And I strongly suggest
    > > that you write two postings, don't crosspost between the two groups.

    > What he said.
    >
    > The function you want is probably fork().

    Standard C++ doesn't have a fork() function and neither does Windows (for
    this platform take a look at the CreateProcess()). I.e. you will need to
    use platform specific functions which are beyond the scope of this
    newsgroup. See also: http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt

    --
    Peter van Merkerk
    peter.van.merkerk(at)dse.nl
    Peter van Merkerk, Dec 17, 2003
  7. Alex Guest

    In comp.lang.c wrote:
    > Hallvard B Furuseth <h.b.furuseth(nospam)@usit.uio(nospam).no> wrote in message news:<>...
    >> And I strongly suggest
    >> that you write two postings, don't crosspost between the two groups.

    > Actually, if an article belongs in both groups, a crosspost is
    > preferable. A crosspost means there is only one news article.
    > A multi post means there is a distinct article for each group.

    It does not belong in both groups. It belongs in neither, in fact.
    Even if the OP got it right and cross-posted to Linux and Windows
    groups, then the half of the question would be off topic in both
    groups. Same would be true for the responses. So, in effect, he
    has two different questions, which would be best handled by two
    separate posts to two different groups.

    Alex
    Alex, Dec 17, 2003

    Hallvard B Furuseth <h.b.furuseth(nospam)@usit.uio(nospam).no> wrote in message news:<>...
    > puppet_sock wrote:
    > >Hallvard B Furuseth <h.b.furuseth(nospam)@usit.uio(nospam).no> wrote in message news:<>...
    > >> And I strongly suggest
    > >> that you write two postings, don't crosspost between the two groups.

    > > Actually, if an article belongs in both groups, a crosspost is
    > > preferable.

    > It doesn't. [snip]

    Open the reading-comprehension bay doors Hall. If you had
    read the part you snipped from my article you would have seen
    me say:

    > In this case, the OP was
    > off topic in both groups.

    Socks