Running programs in (networked) DOS window

TC

I'm new to Java and working on some examples so I hope this comes out
correct.

Win2K
J2EE 1.3

I have a networked drive (f:) where I want to run a java program. This
is another physical machine. I'm using the DOS window to access this
drive.

Then, I want to use a local drive (c:) to run another java program.
These two programs will "talk" with each other via "topic" (JMS).

My question: Will the program on f: be actually running on the other
machine or is the code and memory pulled over to the local machine that
is mapping the drive?

I hope that makes sense.

TIA!

Steve Horsley

TC said:
I'm new to Java and working on some examples so I hope this comes out
correct.

Win2K
J2EE 1.3

I have a networked drive (f:) where I want to run a java program. This
is another physical machine. I'm using the DOS window to access this
drive.

Then, I want to use a local drive (c:) to run another java program.
These two programs will "talk" with each other via "topic" (JMS).

My question: Will the program on f: be actually running on the other
machine or is the code and memory pulled over to the local machine that
is mapping the drive?

I hope that makes sense.

The program on F: will be downloaded into the memory of the local machine,
and then executed by the local machine CPU. The only code run on the remote
machine will be its file-sharing code.

Steve

TC

Steve said:
The program on F: will be downloaded into the memory of the local
machine, and then executed by the local machine CPU. The only code
run on the remote machine will be its file-sharing code.

Steve

That's what I figured. Thanks!