    Any suggestions, even if they're just on how to debug this?

    Thanks,

    Gary
    G.A., Sep 30, 2003

  2. G.A.

    Andy Todd Guest

    G.A. wrote:
    > I've installed Eclipse 3.0 and the latest pyeclipse. I can get the editor
    > run - at least I think so, because it seems to do reasonable syntax
    > highlighting. However, I can't get the Python console window to appear
    > (Unable to instantiate view: org.python.pyeclipse.views.ConsoleView), nor
    > can I get python to run to completion. The MSWindows Task Manager shows
    > that eclipse has successfully started python.exe (at least a process by
    > that name shows up), but eclipse just shows 0% progress.
    >
    > Any suggestions, even if they're just on how to debug this?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Gary

    I can't speak for pyeclipse, but the TruStudio plugin with Eclipse 2.1
    works like a dream. You can get it from http://www.xored.com/download.php

    All you need to do after installation is tell it where your python.exe
    file is located and you should be off and running.

    Regards,
    Andy
    From the desk of Andrew J Todd esq - http://www.halfcooked.com/
    Andy Todd, Oct 1, 2003

  3. Does Eclipse give you an environment where you can debug python code?

    In article <>, andy47
    @halfcooked.com says...

    SectorUnknown, Oct 1, 2003
  4. On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 17:40:46 GMT, SectorUnknown <> wrote:

    > Does Eclipse give you an environment where you can debug python code?
    >

    > In article <>, andy47
    > @halfcooked.com says...
    >> G.A. wrote:
    >> > I've installed Eclipse 3.0 and the latest pyeclipse. I can get the

    >> editor
    >> > run - at least I think so, because it seems to do reasonable syntax
    >> > highlighting. However, I can't get the Python console window to

    >> appear
    >> > (Unable to instantiate view: org.python.pyeclipse.views.ConsoleView),

    >> nor
    >> > can I get python to run to completion. The MSWindows Task Manager

    >> shows
    >> > that eclipse has successfully started python.exe (at least a process

    >> by
    >> > that name shows up), but eclipse just shows 0% progress.

    >> I can't speak for pyeclipse, but the TruStudio plugin with Eclipse 2.1
    >> works like a dream. You can get it from
    >> http://www.xored.com/download.php
    >>
    >> All you need to do after installation is tell it where your python.exe
    >> file is located and you should be off and running.
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >> Andy

    Not yet (that I know of), but another project is going on here that looks
    promising (see the guy's weblog):

    http://pydev.sourceforge.net/

    There is also a wiki page here - a little outdated...

    http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/moinmoin/EclipsePythonIntegration

    I am learning Eclipse development myself (and Java 8~( ) and hope to be
    able to contribute to one of these projects at some point.

    --
    Markus
    Markus Wankus, Oct 1, 2003