Running Python on a Computer Cluster in the Cloud - cloudnumbers.com

Discussion in 'Python' started by Markus Schmidberger, Jul 18, 2011.

  1. Dear Python users,

    cloudnumbers.com provides researchers and companies with the access to
    resources to perform high performance calculations in the cloud. As
    cloudnumbers.com's community manager I may invite you to register and
    test your Python application on a computer cluster in the cloud for
    free: http://my.cloudnumbers.com/register

    We are looking forward to get your feedback and consumer insights. Take
    the chance and have an impact to the development of a new cloud
    computing calculation platform.

    Our aim is to change the way of research collaboration is done today by
    bringing together scientists and businesses from all over the world on a
    single platform. cloudnumbers.com is a Berlin (Germany) based
    international high-tech startup striving for enabling everyone to
    benefit from the High Performance Computing related advantages of the
    cloud. We provide easy access to applications running on any kind of
    computer hardware from single core high memory machines up to 1000
    cores computer clusters.

    To get more information check out our web-page
    (http://www.cloudnumbers.com/) or follow our blog about cloud computing,
    HPC and HPC applications: http://cloudnumbers.com/blog

    Key features of our platform for efficient computing in the cloud are:

    * Turn fixed into variable costs and pay only for the capacity you need.
    Watch our latest saving costs with cloudnumbers.com video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln_BSVigUhg&feature=player_embedded

    * Enter the cloud using an intuitive and user friendly platform. Watch
    our latest cloudnumbers.com in a nutshell video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZNEpR_ElV0&feature=player_embedded

    * Be released from ongoing technological obsolescence and continuous
    maintenance costs (e.g. linking to libraries or system dependencies)

    * Accelerated your Python, C, C++, Fortran, R, ... calculations through
    parallel processing and great computing capacity - more than 1000 cores
    are available and GPUs are coming soon.

    * Share your results worldwide (coming soon).

    * Get high speed access to public databases (please let us know, if your
    favorite database is missing!).

    * We have developed a security architecture that meets high requirements
    of data security and privacy. Read our security white paper:
    http://d1372nki7bx5yg.cloudfront.ne...11/06/cloudnumberscom-security.whitepaper.pdf

    Best
    Markus

    --
    Dr. rer. nat. Markus Schmidberger
    Senior Community Manager

    Cloudnumbers.com GmbH
    Chausseestraße 6
    10119 Berlin

    www.cloudnumbers.com
    E-Mail:

    Amtsgericht München, HRB 191138
    Geschäftsführer: Erik Muttersbach, Markus Fensterer, Moritz v.
    Petersdorff-Campen

    Markus Schmidberger, Jul 18, 2011