Running Ruby on Windows

Sir Psycho

Hi,

If mod_ruby is only available for *nix systems, how can I code ruby
scripts into HTML files without using rails? Does webrick still work?

It also seems that eRuby no longer exists so how would apache be set up
to handle embedded rubY?

thanks :)

David Vallner

--------------enigEA59374E65BCD84C0259DAF6

Sir said:
If mod_ruby is only available for *nix systems, how can I code ruby
scripts into HTML files without using rails? Does webrick still work?
=20

Webrick works happily, I thought.

Alternately, gang up Apache with Mongrel for more speed? (I'd avoid
lighttpd since I don't trust that Cygwin doesn't do Cruel and Unusual
things to IO performance.)

David Vallner

--------------enigEA59374E65BCD84C0259DAF6

--------------enigEA59374E65BCD84C0259DAF6--

Jan Svitok

Webrick works happily, I thought.

Right. Either use Webrick's cgi handler - there was a thread on this a
few weeks ago - or write a special handler. The same should be
possible with Mongrel.

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

Sir said:
Hi,

If mod_ruby is only available for *nix systems, how can I code ruby
scripts into HTML files without using rails? Does webrick still work?

It also seems that eRuby no longer exists so how would apache be set up
to handle embedded rubY?

thanks :)

I'm not sure what you're trying to do with Ruby, but what you describe
is mere inches away from "Instant Rails", so I'd download that and start
experimenting!

Ezra Zygmuntowicz

The same should be possible with Mongrel.

You may want to check out Ezra's latest project [1], it looks quite
promising.
It's called Merb (Merb == Mongrel + Erb)

Nathan

[1] http://brainspl.at/articles/2006/10/09/introducing-the-merb

http://brainspl.at/articles/2006/10/15/merb-gets-cool-routes-and-file-
uploads ;)

Cheers-

-- Ezra Zygmuntowicz
-- Lead Rails Architect
-- (e-mail address removed)
-- Engine Yard, Serious Rails Hosting
-- Reliability, Ease of Use, Scalability
-- (866) 518-YARD (9273)