Running time of program

chellappa

hi,
i want to find the ruuning time of program using c ..
problem:
i want to find the running time of program using c , i have one routine
in c,,,
i want to find how much , its take for running.. usinf time_t is tell
only seconds in basee of system clock ..
i need internally excact running time of program...
send me small examples or ideas
by
chellappa
(e-mail address removed)

Yohji

Er,I think you can try gprof instead of writing by yourself.It can tell
you by 1/100 second.But if you think it is not good,write a program by
yourself.I am also a beginner,I can not write such program on Linux.

Chris Hills

hi,
i want to find the ruuning time of program using c ..
problem:
i want to find the running time of program using c , i have one routine
in c,,,
i want to find how much , its take for running.. usinf time_t is tell
only seconds in basee of system clock ..
i need internally excact running time of program...
send me small examples or ideas
by
chellappa
(e-mail address removed)

1 Home work?

2 what is the operating system and or target MCU?

3 this is not a C question. you need a more specific NG (depending onthe
answers to 1 and 2)

Abhi

just adding a bit to the problem, I have a requirement that if such
routine/program takes more than a specified time, then it needs to be
terminated.

chellappa

it is not home work...
i need finding running time of program...
please explain me, i need information about ,if u using gprof, thats i
needeed