Running two IIS's on two different 2003 server machines

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by AndrewMBaldwin@gmail.com, Jul 20, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hey all

    We have a Server 2003 Domain controller, and a web server. We are about
    get a new webserver, but I wanted to keep both machines up and running
    as webservers, where the test server runs the test environment with
    it's own SQL Server etc, but I wanted them both to be accessible via

    www.domain.com/ApplicationNameOnServer1Or2

    We only have one IP address and Domain as of now, otherwise I would
    route the reqwuests to the appropriate server in ISA, but since we do
    not have that option then I was hoping that somehow that ISA could be
    configured to try routing traffic to the other webserver if the first
    one doesn't respond (or responds with an error 404)...

    Any ideas out there?

    AB

    , Jul 20, 2006

  2. Please see my post with subject:
    Re: ASP.NET Issues Concerning Scalability
    on Thu, 20 Jul 2006 05:21:16 -0400

    You need to setup a cluster with Network Load Balancing.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/

    Juan T. Llibre, Jul 20, 2006