Running WebMatrix, 2nd test, got "Port already in use"

Richard

Hi,

I'm running WebMatrix, v. 0.6.812, over WinXP/SP2 with .Net Framework
1.0 & 1.1.
I'm following the examples in ASP.NET Web Matrix Project Guided Tour,
specifically the 2nd example at
http://www.asp.net/webmatrix/tour/section1/addbasiccontrols.aspx.

When testing the 2nd example, I accepted the default port (8080) for
the WebMatrix web server and got the message "Port already in use ...".

Sounds to me like I didn't clean up after shutting down the first
example. Windows Task Manager shows both WebServer.exe and
WebMatrix.exe processes. I'm tempted to shut down the WebServer
process, but would rather clean this up the proper way.

Any suggestions?

Regards,
Richard

Richard

Richard said:
Hi,

I'm running WebMatrix, v. 0.6.812, over WinXP/SP2 with .Net Framework
1.0 & 1.1.
I'm following the examples in ASP.NET Web Matrix Project Guided Tour,
specifically the 2nd example at
http://www.asp.net/webmatrix/tour/section1/addbasiccontrols.aspx.

When testing the 2nd example, I accepted the default port (8080) for
the WebMatrix web server and got the message "Port already in use ...".

Sounds to me like I didn't clean up after shutting down the first
example. Windows Task Manager shows both WebServer.exe and
WebMatrix.exe processes. I'm tempted to shut down the WebServer
process, but would rather clean this up the proper way.

Any suggestions?
Regards,
Richard

I figured out one thing, at least:

I visited http://localhost:8080/ using Windows Explorer. It displayed:

Directory Listing -- /

Saturday, May 06, 2006 06:16 PM 819 myFirstPage.aspx

Version Information: Microsoft ASP.NET Web Matrix Server 0.6.0.0

That confirms my suspicion that I didn't end my first step properly.
How can I tell it to discontinue running myFirstPage.aspx?