Runtime compilation of aspx pages

wh

I'm aware that when an .aspx page is requested for the first time ASP.NET
compiles it and stores the resulting .dll in a temporary directory
underneath the framework installation directory. Various xml files are used
to keep track of dependancy changes, etc.

My question is what happens to pages written within the Visual Studio
environment? If I build a web project, I notice that a .dll appears
underneath the 'bin' subdirectory my web application is contained in. Would
I be right in thinking that it is this dll that the page is implemented in?
In other words, once a site is build from within the VS environment, ASP.NET
no longer has to compile a page when first requested?

Thanks,
Wayne.