runtime error : FileNotFoundException on webservice call

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by nono752, Jul 11, 2003.

  1. nono752

    nono752 Guest

    Hello,

    I have got a security problem with my web service.
    When i deploy my WS on my production server, a
    FileNotFoundException is thrown.
    (see the error below)
    So, i use windows authentication without impersonation.

    I check that ASPNET has full right on "WINNT/TEMP"
    and "ASP.NET Temporary Files"...
    and other directories according to :
    http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/q317/0/
    12.asp&NoWebContent=1&NoWebContent=1

    I try to add full rigth on "\WINNT" to ASPNET but it does
    not work...
    Then, I try to add full right on "c:" and it works now !
    It works too when ASPNET is member of administrator group.

    So, i think i forgot to add rights on a directory but
    which one ?

    (i try with the "hello world" web service but it is the
    same problem)

    Thanks..
    nono

    My error :

    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File or assembly
    name -wyjxhpy.dll, or one of its dependencies, was not
    found.
    File name : "-wyjxhpy.dll"
    at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName,
    String codeBase, Boolean isStringized, Evidence
    assemblySecurity, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Assembly
    locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
    at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName
    assemblyRef, Boolean stringized, Evidence
    assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
    at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(AssemblyName
    assemblyRef)
    at
    System.CodeDom.Compiler.CompilerResults.get_CompiledAssembl
    y()
    at System.Xml.Serialization.Compiler.Compile()
    at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly..ctor(XmlMapping
    [] xmlMappings)
    at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.FromMappings
    (XmlMapping[] mappings)
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.XmlReturn.GetInitializers
    (LogicalMethodInfo[] methodInfos)
    at
    System.Web.Services.Protocols.XmlReturnWriter.GetInitialize
    rs(LogicalMethodInfo[] methodInfos)
    at
    System.Web.Services.Protocols.MimeFormatter.GetInitializers
    (Type type, LogicalMethodInfo[] methodInfos)
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpServerType..ctor(Type
    type)
    at
    System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpServerProtocol.Initialize
    ()
    at
    System.Web.Services.Protocols.ServerProtocolFactory.Create
    (Type type, HttpContext context, HttpRequest request,
    HttpResponse response, Boolean& abortProcessing)

    Fusion log follows:
    === Pre-bind state information ===
    LOG: Where-ref bind. Location = C:\WINNT\TEMP\-wyjxhpy.dll
    LOG: Appbase = file:///E:/WEB/wwwroot/WS_extranet
    LOG: Initial PrivatePath = bin
    Calling assembly : (Unknown).
    ===

    LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time
    (private, custom, partial, or location-based assembly
    bind).
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINNT/TEMP/-
    wyjxhpy.dll.

    nono752, Jul 11, 2003