Runtime error: Object expected

Guest

I have a website that (apparently) is not serving WebResource.axd to the Web
browser. When a page containing a reference to a resource in WebResource.axd
(like WebForm_AutoFocus) is displayed in the Web browser, Internet Explorer
reports a Runtime Error of “Object expectedâ€.

I cannot find any support articles that address this problem.

Mike Placentra II

I had this problem when trying to set up GZ output compression. It was
compressing the JavaScript from WebResource.axd which was not good. If
you are using any output filters, try disabling them or something to
see if that fixes your problem.

-Michael Placentra II

Mike Placentra II

Thank you for replying, Mike.

Can you tell me where to look for output filters?

They can be added in Global.asax in Application_BeginRequest.

Here's an example:

Response.Filter = New myStream(Response.Filter)

-Michael Placentra II

Guest

Hi Mike,

It turned out to be an issue with SiteMinder. I had to uncheck “Verify that
file exists†for the “Wildcard application map†for SiteMinder (Website
Properties->Home Directory tab->Configuration). Once I made the change, my
browser started receiving webResource.axd.

Thank you for help, Mike