Runtime Error on running aspx page on https://

Guest

Hello

My aspx pages run fine with non-secure server. When I tried to run them with https://, on the browser side, the runtime error occurred with suggestions of adding the following configuration
<configuration><system.web><customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/></sytem.web></configuration
and on the server side, the errors were
access denied to "C:\WebFiles\web.config". Failed to start monitoring file changes...

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Hi Kim,

It certainly sounds like permissions. Did you try the suggestions in this
article?

FIX: "Failed to Start Monitoring Directory Changes" Error Message When You
Browse to an ASP.NET Page

"To detect file changes, the process identity and the impersonated user
identity must have specific permissions to all of the directories in the
hierarchy of the file path for the file that ASP.NET is monitoring if any of
the directories in that hierarchy have more than eight characters in their
names."

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317955

Guest

Ken

Thanks for your suggestions. We actually re-installed .NET framework using MS VS 2003 enterprise CD and the problems went away. I guess the problems came from the installed directory in D: drive for .NET framework, or it could be missing server files
Thanks anyway

Ki