Runtime error when changing folder permissions????

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Connectcase, Oct 26, 2007.

  1. Connectcase

    Connectcase Guest

    Hi there,

    created a folder on my webserver and dropped some aspx files in them.
    No problem, they do exactly what I want when I look at them in my
    browser.

    Then I added full control for a local user I created (let's call him
    CLIENTUSER) to this folder and the files below. This user is member of
    the local group USERS (as per default). So far, so good.

    Then I removed permissions for the local Users group, forcing
    CLIENTUSER to be confronted with a dialog box, right? Logging in seems
    to work fine, but then I get the Runtime error saying I should have
    custom errors=Off in web.config (which I have by the way) etc. etc.

    Restoring RWX rights for the local Users groups solves the problems,
    but also removes the popping up of the dialog box of course.

    How can I set these permissions and NOT have the error?

    Thanks

    Cees

    Connectcase, Oct 26, 2007