    rs/sax.jar;jars/xp.jar;jars/BlowfishPak.jar;jars/a2.jar;jre/1.1.7b/lib/rt.ja
    r;jars/nexus.zip Nexus

    Please somebody can I check the syntax

    MarioS, May 27, 2004

  2. MarioS

    Liz Guest

    what is jrew?
    "MarioS" <> wrote in message
    news:qVrtc.23952$...
    > I have Windows xp professionnelle and i c'nt not make this runtime
    >
    > Java(tm) Runtime Environment
    > Version JRE 1.1.7B_007
    >
    > C:\a2\jre\1.1.7b\Bin\Jrew.exe -classpath

    ..;jars/jconfig.zip;jars/swingall.jar;jars/jgl3.1.0.jar;jars/perltools.jar;ja

    Liz, May 27, 2004

  3. MarioS

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Thu, 27 May 2004 16:08:44 -0400, "MarioS"
    <> wrote or quoted :

    > Java(tm) Runtime Environment
    > Version JRE 1.1.7B_007
    >
    >C:\a2\jre\1.1.7b\Bin\Jrew.exe -classpath
    >.;jars/jconfig.zip;jars/swingall.jar;jars/jgl3.1.0.jar;jars/perltools.jar;ja
    >rs/sax.jar;jars/xp.jar;jars/BlowfishPak.jar;jars/a2.jar;jre/1.1.7b/lib/rt.ja
    >r;jars/nexus.zip Nexus
    >
    >Please somebody can I check the syntax

    First of all that is a very old java. Next I have never heard it
    called jrew.exe. It is called either javaw.exe or java.exe

    Is this something from MS J++?

    I would if possible get a recent java.

    See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jre.html

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, May 28, 2004
  4. MarioS

    MarioS Guest

    jrew.exe is a command line for launch a program (bentley volskwagen service
    manuel)
    when a try the command i have this bug Could not execute the external
    program
    i dont know Java(tm) Runtime Environment
    maybe is not the god news group for my question

    MarioS, May 28, 2004
  5. MarioS

    Sudsy Guest

    MarioS wrote:
    > jrew.exe is a command line for launch a program (bentley volskwagen service
    > manuel)
    > when a try the command i have this bug Could not execute the external
    > program
    > i dont know Java(tm) Runtime Environment
    > maybe is not the god news group for my question

    No, it's not. Why on earth aren't you following this up with customer
    support at VW? Seems that they would be the ones to help you get this
    up and running, rather than a bunch of people who've never even HEARD
    of jrew.exe. You think?

    Sudsy, May 28, 2004
  6. MarioS

    MarioS Guest

    by by

    MarioS, May 28, 2004
  7. On Thu, 27 May 2004 21:29:47 GMT, Liz wrote:
    > "MarioS" <> wrote in message
    >> I have Windows xp professionnelle and i c'nt not make this runtime
    >>
    >> Java(tm) Runtime Environment
    >> Version JRE 1.1.7B_007
    >>
    >> C:\a2\jre\1.1.7b\Bin\Jrew.exe -classpath

    > what is jrew?

    Apparently jrew.exe is the Sun pre-1.2
    version on javaw
    <http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jsp?forum=7&thread=12083>

    To the OP, Mario..

    It may be that all youha have to do is change
    C:>Jrew.exe -classpath.. to
    C:>java -classpath..

    That will attempt to launch it using the current
    Java, and with a window showing any errors.

    If you see errors though, you might have to
    try Volkswagen. But be warned 1.1.7 is an
    old verion of Java, they may not be that
    interested in helping..

    And before I forget, point your browser here ..
    <http://www.physci.org/pc/properties.jsp?prop=java.version>
    Mario, does this say '1.1.4' for the 'java.version'?

    --
    Andrew Thompson

    Andrew Thompson, May 28, 2004
  8. MarioS

    MarioS Guest

    thank you andrew

    MarioS, May 28, 2004
  9. MarioS

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Fri, 28 May 2004 08:11:54 -0400, "MarioS"
    <> wrote or quoted :

    >jrew.exe is a command line for launch a program (bentley volskwagen service
    >manuel)

    you could try using a modern JVM and see if the code still works.

    see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/javaexe.html

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, May 28, 2004