Runtime.getRuntime().exec() java.io.FilePermission denied

moongeegee

I can execute Runtime.getRuntime().exec() correctly without any
probelm.
After I convert to Applet, I got the following error:
(java.io.FilePermission <<ALL FILES>>

I could not access server configure file to grant permission. Please
help me. What should I do? Thanks a million.

John B. Matthews

moongeegee said:
I can execute Runtime.getRuntime().exec() correctly without any
prob[le]m. After I convert to Applet, I got the following error:
(java.io.FilePermission <<ALL FILES>>

I could not access server configure file to grant permission. Please
help me. What should I do? Thanks a million.

"An applet cannot start any program on the host that is executing it."
Imagine how unsafe it would be if this were permitted.

<http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/deployment/applet/security_pract
ical.html>

Dave Miller

moongeegee said:
I can execute Runtime.getRuntime().exec() correctly without any
probelm.
After I convert to Applet, I got the following error:
(java.io.FilePermission <<ALL FILES>>

I could not access server configure file to grant permission. Please
help me. What should I do? Thanks a million.
In production the applet will be running on the client computer not on
your server. If you are trying to access a file on the server, you need
to access the file with a server side process and then pass the data to
the applet. If you are trying to access a file on the client, you need
to sign your applet.

Dave Miller

moongeegee said:
I can execute Runtime.getRuntime().exec() correctly without any
probelm.
After I convert to Applet, I got the following error:
(java.io.FilePermission <<ALL FILES>>

I could not access server configure file to grant permission. Please
help me. What should I do? Thanks a million.
Don't cross post - you're just clogging the system and making it less
likely that you will get an answer.

moongeegee

I can execute Runtime.getRuntime().exec() correctly without any
probelm.
After I convert to Applet, I got the following error:
(java.io.FilePermission <<ALL FILES>>

I could not access server configure file to grant permission. Please
help me. What should I do? Thanks a million.

Sorry for multiple post.

I need to use Runtime.getRuntime()exec(ln -s xxx xxx) for linking a
file.
Would anyone give me other alternative way to solve this issue ?
Thanks.

Arne Vajhøj

Dave said:
Don't cross post - you're just clogging the system and making it less
likely that you will get an answer.

Better than multi-posting ...

Arne