Runtime Impersonation

Snig

Hi all

I need to implement Runtime (Conditional) Impersonation in one of my ASP.NET
Pages.

If I use the <identity impersonate="true" /> in web.config file, it works
fine.

But in code, while I try to Impersonate I get Win32 error. I am using
"Logon" Win32 API for get a specific token. But this API is returning error
1314 : A required privilege is not held by the client

I tried to resolve it by assinging the most probable Security priviledges to
the "ASPNET" account by "Local Security Policy" snap-in. But nothing worked.

Can anybody please help me ?

Thanx in advance.

Snig.

Brendan Duffy

Hi,

If you are running Win2000, impersonation pretty much only works from the
system account. Read the fine print in the MSDN entry on LogonUser

Brendan