Runtime symbol not found with Xalan-C++

Guest

I'm running Xalan-C++ 1.10 under Solaris. I'm using the binary iamge
downloaded from the Xalan-C website. I've built my library using Forte
6.2.

This builds into a library that is then called by Java applications.

The library compiles and links OK but when I run I get the following
run time error;

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /home/me/bin/libMyLibrary.so: ld.so.1:
/user/j2se/bin/java: fatal: relocation error: file
/home/me/bin//libxalan-c.so.110: symbol __1cDstdEcount_: referenced
symbol not found

The same code builds and runs under Windows so I think my app is
correct.

Can anyone explain or help please?