RunTime Type Information

LaBird

Dear all,

I would like to ask, has RTTI (RunTime Type Information) become a language
standard in C++, or is it still considered as an add-on feature that some
up-to-date versions of C++ implementations do not provide?
Thanks!

Best Regards,
LaBird (Benny).
[Email: Please remove all hyphens in the email shown above]

Jerry Coffin

Dear all,

I would like to ask, has RTTI (RunTime Type Information) become a language
standard in C++, or is it still considered as an add-on feature that some
up-to-date versions of C++ implementations do not provide?

RTTI is required by the standard.

peter koch

LaBird said:
Dear all,

I would like to ask, has RTTI (RunTime Type Information) become a language
standard in C++, or is it still considered as an add-on feature that some
up-to-date versions of C++ implementations do not provide?
Thanks!

As Jerry Coffin told you, it is required by the standard. Some
compilers might not provide it when you compile out-of-the-box. In that
case you will have to set a switch.

Kind regards
Peter