From: Teodor Carstea <[email protected]>
Subject: RuntimeError using Tk with Ruby
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2009 10:51:22 +0900
package tile (RuntimeError)

You don't need to modify your installed Ruby.
There is no Tile extension installed for your *Tcl/Tk*.
Tile extension is a standard part of Tcl/Tk8.5 or later,
but is not a standard part of Tcl/Tk8.4.
If your Tcl/Tk version is 8.4.x, You must install Tile extension
for your Tcl/Tk.
# ActiveTcl-8.4 package includes Tile extension.

Ruby/Tk uses Tcl/Tk libraries. So, Ruby/Tk can use all Tcl/Tk
extensions, if the extension is installed.
The output of "ruby /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/tkextlib/pkg_cheker.rb"
may be useful.