Russian hich-tech programming piece to take down Silicon Valley announced Valikud

Estland

Long awaited state-of-the-art EVM (computer), latest model of the
famous Elektronika series, MK-152, 2007 has just been announced among
crowds of cheering fans:

MK-152 Electronic Computation Mashine (EVM)

(note: sources in Russian language, you can translate them yourself
using translate.google.com)
EXTERIOR VIEW: http://mk.semico.ru/vid.htm
Technical characteristics: http://mk.semico.ru/info.htm
Documentation: http://mk.semico.ru/dokum.htm
Interior view: http://mk.semico.ru/vid_vn.htm
User command codes table: http://mk.semico.ru/tabl2.htm

Producer: Science-industry conglomerate SEMIKO, Novosibirsk, Russia
From tech specs of the groundbreaking mashine (uses some of the best
chinese microschemes):

Memory: 10 000 bites (my comment: yes, it is really 10 KB)
Weight: less than 0,9 KG (my comment: you can easily put two in your
hand-held bag)
Price: 6200 roubles (my comment: some 240 US dollars)
Power Source: 220 V outer power plug (my comment: so you can work
everywhere where there's electricity)
Graphic screen: 128 x 64 pixels mono (my comment: it is thousands of
pixels)
Warranty: Two years (my comment: buying now you'll have warranty until
2009,
which according to warranty conditions extends to all features
including electronic clock)
From the list of features (only some features are listed here):

Allows users to perform various calculations
Stores data in memory
Has disk for storing information
Can edit text
Generates sound signals (my comment: different types of sounds)
Generates random digits

The purpose of this electronic mashine is study of information
technologies and programming by children (source: http://mk.semico.ru/dr_info1.htm).
It can programme playable games (snake, etc) in BASIC computer
language too! It is being advertised for schools and educational
facilities, expects to get state purchases.

My comment: all interested in buying these "incredible equipments"
for
kids to study programming and informatics will be able to do so
by mail order or from all best Russian IT retail outlets no later
than
in 2008.

Victor Bazarov

Estland said:
Long awaited state-of-the-art EVM (computer), latest model of the
famous Elektronika series, MK-152, 2007 has just been announced among
crowds of cheering fans:

MK-152 Electronic Computation Mashine (EVM)

(note: sources in Russian language, you can translate them yourself
using translate.google.com)
EXTERIOR VIEW: http://mk.semico.ru/vid.htm
[..]
From tech specs of the groundbreaking mashine (uses some of the best
chinese microschemes):

Memory: 10 000 bites (my comment: yes, it is really 10 KB)
Weight: less than 0,9 KG (my comment: you can easily put two in your
hand-held bag)
Price: 6200 roubles (my comment: some 240 US dollars)

Where do you get this? The site explicitly says 3800 roubles (see
http://mk.semico.ru/pr_mk.htm), and that's with VAT included! So,
it's a mere US$155... Less than the famous $100 laptop (which is
actually $188 last time I looked)... :)

Estland

Estland said:
Long awaited state-of-the-art EVM (computer), latest model of the
famous Elektronika series, MK-152, 2007 has just been announced among
crowds of cheering fans:
MK-152 Electronic Computation Mashine (EVM)
(note: sources in Russian language, you can translate them yourself
using translate.google.com)
EXTERIOR VIEW:http://mk.semico.ru/vid.htm
[..]
From tech specs of the groundbreaking mashine (uses some of the best
chinese microschemes):
Memory: 10 000 bites (my comment: yes, it is really 10 KB)
Weight: less than 0,9 KG (my comment: you can easily put two in your
hand-held bag)
Price: 6200 roubles (my comment: some 240 US dollars)

Where do you get this? The site explicitly says 3800 roubles (seehttp://mk.semico.ru/pr_mk.htm), and that's with VAT included! So,
it's a mere US$155... Less than the famous $100 laptop (which is
actually $188 last time I looked)... :)

Site is updated:

14.11.2007

I guess not the last price change