Ruwiki

Manfred Lotz

Hi there,

I had a quick look at Ruwiki. When starting Ruwiki using Webrick:
ruby -x "ruwiki_servlet"

it worked fine except one thing. After a while the Edit button on
the top line disappears.

Any idea?

Ruby is: ruby 1.8.2 (2004-07-29) [i386-freebsd4]

Austin Ziegler

I had a quick look at Ruwiki. When starting Ruwiki using Webrick:
ruby -x "ruwiki_servlet"

it worked fine except one thing. After a while the Edit button on
the top line disappears.

Any idea?

Ruby is: ruby 1.8.2 (2004-07-29) [i386-freebsd4]

I presume that you're using Ruwiki 0.8.0 (the last released version
until I get a chance to release 0.9.0 after some cleanup). The Edit
button should only disappear if *somehow* the file has been marked
read-only. If you look at your data file, say:
data/Ruwiki/WikiMarkup.ruwiki

You should see a line that reads:
properties!editable: <something>

I think that there may be a bug in the way this was done on 0.8.0 so
that any value except "true" results in an uneditable page; I can
check and advise to a patch, if you'd like. I'm deep in the middle of
0.9.0 cleanup and recommend upgrading as soon as it's released, but I
can look at it. Please let me know what it says in there.

-austin

Manfred Lotz

I had a quick look at Ruwiki. When starting Ruwiki using Webrick: ruby
-x "ruwiki_servlet"

it worked fine except one thing. After a while the Edit button on the
top line disappears.

Any idea?

Ruby is: ruby 1.8.2 (2004-07-29) [i386-freebsd4]

I presume that you're using Ruwiki 0.8.0 (the last released version
until I get a chance to release 0.9.0 after some cleanup).
Yes.

The Edit
button should only disappear if *somehow* the file has been marked
read-only. If you look at your data file, say:
data/Ruwiki/WikiMarkup.ruwiki

You should see a line that reads:
<something>
There was no such line in data/Ruwiki/WikiMarkup.ruwiki I added this line
setting it to true.

I think that there may be a bug in the way this was done on 0.8.0 so
that any value except "true" results in an uneditable page;

Now I see that if I create a new page it has a line: properties!editable:

There is no true and I cannot edit the page.
I can
check and advise to a patch, if you'd like. I'm deep in the middle of
0.9.0 cleanup and recommend upgrading as soon as it's released, but I
can look at it. Please let me know what it says in there.

Doesn't make sense to me to distract you from doing the 0.9 stuff. I would
like to wait for 0.9

Thanks for your support.