    beginning text.

    Any idea how I can fix this?

    Thanks!
    Jane Hawkins, Dec 23, 2003

  2. Jane Hawkins

    Todd A Guest

    Jane,
    You might have some issues with many of the ASP.NET server controls when
    viewed in anything other than IE 6.0.
    My web apps do not look the same in Opera, Mozilla, or IE, especially when I
    have a lot of server controls, like the label, text box, button, datagrid,
    etc.
    You're best bet might be to write W3C standards compliant XHTML in
    conjunction with CSS, and try to fit that into your .NET model somehow. It
    may require you to rethink how you write your apps. It is a challenge!
    Especially with different browsers supporting different levels of CSS.
    Check out http://www.w3c.org for more information.

    May I recommend the following book. It is the only computer book I have
    actually read cover to cover, and I have over 30 phone-book size computer
    books in my posession:

    Designing With Web Standards by Jeffrey Zeldman
    ISBN 0-7357-1201-8
    http://www.zeldman.com

    I don't have a Safari browser, so I really can't try to troubleshoot this
    problem for you. I am only trying to share some of my experiences to maybe
    provide you with some insight.

    -Todd A.

    "Jane Hawkins" <> wrote in message
    > My asp.net-created page looks fine for most browsers, but on Safari the

    text

    Todd A, Dec 23, 2003