Safari on XP

SEOwebMarket.com

Apparently the big new feature people are raving about is the ability to rip
a tab off an create a new instance of safari with said tab

I've been using Safari since it's release four years ago; it was a bit
buggy in it's beta. Safari's inter-functionality with my other apps
like dictionary and spellchecker are unbeatable (not to mention:
secure).

I've been using tabs to increase production and it works well. The
new deal with the tabs is that you can REARRANGE them (in addition to
breaking one off into its own window).

This ought to be interesting though. Keep in mind that Macs don't get
viruses nor spyware; it might be the first time that Apple software
reels in a virus (but will still need ms to activate it).

Brett
http://seowebmarket.com

Jasen

You've been able to do that in Konqueror for quite a while. Is this new
in Safari or has it been around a similar amount of time?

safari shares a lot of code with konqueror.

Bye.
Jasen

Bernhard Sturm

SEOwebMarket.com said:
This ought to be interesting though. Keep in mind that Macs don't get
viruses nor spyware; it might be the first time that Apple software
reels in a virus (but will still need ms to activate it).

OT: macs are as vulnerable as any windoze or linux box to viruses or
spyware. Some say that OS X is even unsafer than windows vista (e.g.
concerning buffer overlow-issues).
BTW the first big security holes in safari were just discovered hours
after the release by Apple. The problem is, that most mac-users do not
care about security issues, because they think they are not affected by it.

see:
http://larholm.com/2007/06/12/safari-for-windows-0day-exploit-in-2-hours/
and
http://erratasec.blogspot.com/2007/06/niiiice.html

cheers
bernhard

scripts.contact

Apparently the big new feature people are raving about is the ability to rip
a tab off an create a new instance of safari with said tab

New ?? never tried opera ??

Adrienne Boswell

IE feels nice, and displays pages the way you think
they should be displayed. But its lack of support for new technologies
cripples it as a developer learning tool, if nothing else.

IE doesn't feel nice to me, no matter what they do for it. I've been using
Opera since 1999, and before that I used Netscape. I'm old enough to
remember the browser wars.

IMHO, IE has been trying to catch up from day 1, and instead of doing that,
it's just become something like an old, pox ridden whore. She lures you in
with a sweet sounding come on, then when you get close enough, you see the
faults, and if you're not careful, you catch something.

paul

IE doesn't feel nice to me, no matter what they do for it. I've been using
Opera since 1999, and before that I used Netscape. I'm old enough to
remember the browser wars.

IMHO, IE has been trying to catch up from day 1, and instead of doing that,
it's just become something like an old, pox ridden whore. She lures you in
with a sweet sounding come on, then when you get close enough, you see the
faults, and if you're not careful, you catch something.

what a beautifull,beautifull image. You're a poet :)

Paul

www.paulwattdesigns.com

John Hosking

Adrienne said:
IMHO, IE has been trying to catch up from day 1, and instead of doing that,
it's just become something like an old, pox ridden whore. She lures you in
with a sweet sounding come on, then when you get close enough, you see the
faults, and if you're not careful, you catch something.

Great imagery regarding that tramp, IE.

The worst thing about that kind of woman is that she's been with so
many. She no longer notices who she's with, and doesn't respect them,
nor does she respect herself.

It's sad.

Toby A Inkster

Shane said:
Apparently the big new feature people are raving about is the ability to rip
a tab off an create a new instance of safari with said tab

Opera 6 for Linux had that, but they've since changed it: ripping off a
tab now saves that page to the desktop (or to wherever else you've dragged
it). To detach a tab now you need to right-click it and choose "Detach".

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
[OS: Linux 2.6.12-12mdksmp, up 110 days, 22:56.]

URLs in demiblog
http://tobyinkster.co.uk/blog/2007/05/31/demiblog-urls/