Safari Postback Problems

WizyDig

We have an asp.net page written in C# that runs fine on IE windows, IE Mac
and Mozzilla Mac.
Here are the symptoms when it runs on Safari.
When the page loads and the users tries to click on any items on the page
that would result in a postback/submit type request. The page gets a
downloading pop up. I have looked at the generated source and can not find
any reason why this is happening. Other pages we have created do not have
this problem. We have tried to go into debug mode but the postback/submit
is never issued because the browser stops the request before the submit
request is issued.

Has any one else every seen anything like this?

Wiz

WizyDig

Ok we found out more information about this problem. Apparently Safari is
mangling the view state on this one page and only in certain situations.
This is throwing an exception which is causing the download dialog to appear
not our standard error page. Which is probably some sort of Mime related
issue when the error page is sent back to the browser. The page isn't even
one of or largest pages so it can't be some length issue with the hidden
field.

- Wiz

WizyDig

Ok we solved this problem by serializing the view sate and storing it in the
session object. This will increase the load on the server but unless some
else comes up with another solution it will have to work.

-wiz