Salute to all Java Gurus (?=JTapi)

Rajatheone

Hi all,
I've basic knowledge of TAPI and made couple of applications.
But as far as JTAPI is concerned, I cannot understand any thing out
of it.

As to what is this 'Implementation', JTAPI itself cannot make a phone
call,
What hardware are we talking abt, I know like avaya does give the
CT-Connect and ctcserver.jar, is this is called an implementation of
which I can use JTAPI on?
I want to make phone call's and recieve phone call's thru modems how
can I do that?
Are there any specific Hardware vendors of which JTAPI can deal with?

How do I proceed in this, any guide lines would be highly appreciated.

I want to develop a sorta ACD application.

Thanks in advance.

Raja

Moonshadao

That is Typical Ass to Penis Insertion right?
I'll bet you are on the receiving end of that.

Roedy Green

That is Typical Ass to Penis Insertion right?
I'll bet you are on the receiving end of that.

This puzzling post is a from a person who claims to be a Taoist. A
message from sci.physics.particle was cross posted to his
alt.philosophy.taoism and I commented on it without removing that
newsgroup even after he had ordered everyone to do so in another post.

He said that he will do a negative post on everything I post anywhere
from now on in revenge. I suggest plonking him.

Dale King

Rajatheone said:
Hi all,
I've basic knowledge of TAPI and made couple of applications.
But as far as JTAPI is concerned, I cannot understand any thing out
of it.

As to what is this 'Implementation', JTAPI itself cannot make a phone
call,
What hardware are we talking abt, I know like avaya does give the
CT-Connect and ctcserver.jar, is this is called an implementation of
which I can use JTAPI on?
I want to make phone call's and recieve phone call's thru modems how
can I do that?
Are there any specific Hardware vendors of which JTAPI can deal with?

How do I proceed in this, any guide lines would be highly appreciated.

I want to develop a sorta ACD application.

The JTAPI spec defines the way that a program interacts with the provider of
the hardware. It is up to the provider of the hardware to provide an
implementation of JTAPI for their hardware. The goal is that you can write
an application that will work on different hardware. You change your JTAPI
implementation, not your application.

To get an implementation you would ask your provider for a JTAPI
implementation. If they already provide a TAPI implementation you might look
at something like XTAPI (http://xtapi.sf.net) which provides a free JTAPI
implementation that interfaces with TAPI. There is also GJTAPI
(http://gjtapi.sf.net). Do a web search for JTAPI implementation will turn
up several other choices.

Moonshadao

Roedy said:
This puzzling post is a from a person who claims to be a Taoist.

Who said I was a Taoist?
I didn't. I said that you are a fucking moron.

message from sci.physics.particle was cross posted to his
alt.philosophy.taoism and I commented on it without removing that
newsgroup even after he had ordered everyone to do so in another post.

I ask nicely. I even said Please and Thanks.

He said that he will do a negative post on everything I post anywhere
from now on in revenge. I suggest plonking him.

That is nice for those that know how isn't it?
Or those that care to. Perhaps they want to know what DICK you are.

Patrick James

This puzzling post is a from a person who claims to be a Taoist. A
message from sci.physics.particle was cross posted to his
alt.philosophy.taoism and I commented on it without removing that
newsgroup even after he had ordered everyone to do so in another post.

He said that he will do a negative post on everything I post anywhere
from now on in revenge. I suggest plonking him.

Already done.

John Baker