Salute to all Java Gurus (?=JTapi)

Discussion in 'Java' started by Rajatheone, Nov 5, 2003.

  1. Rajatheone

    Rajatheone Guest

    Hi all,
    I've basic knowledge of TAPI and made couple of applications.
    But as far as JTAPI is concerned, I cannot understand any thing out
    of it.

    As to what is this 'Implementation', JTAPI itself cannot make a phone
    call,
    What hardware are we talking abt, I know like avaya does give the
    CT-Connect and ctcserver.jar, is this is called an implementation of
    which I can use JTAPI on?
    I want to make phone call's and recieve phone call's thru modems how
    can I do that?
    Are there any specific Hardware vendors of which JTAPI can deal with?

    How do I proceed in this, any guide lines would be highly appreciated.

    I want to develop a sorta ACD application.

    Thanks in advance.

    Raja
    Rajatheone, Nov 5, 2003

  2. Rajatheone

    Roedy Green Guest

    On 5 Nov 2003 03:55:42 -0800, (Rajatheone) wrote or
    quoted :

    >I've basic knowledge of TAPI and made couple of applications.
    > But as far as JTAPI is concerned, I cannot understand any thing out
    >of it.

    It is a standard interface that an equipment manufacturer can write
    to. There is no reference implementation from Sun. See
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jtapi.html

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Nov 5, 2003

  3. Rajatheone

    Moonshadao Guest

    Roedy Green wrote:

    > On 5 Nov 2003 03:55:42 -0800, (Rajatheone) wrote or
    > quoted :
    >
    > >I've basic knowledge of TAPI and made couple of applications.

    That is Typical Ass to Penis Insertion right?
    I'll bet you are on the receiving end of that.

    Moonshadao, Nov 5, 2003
  4. Rajatheone

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 17:40:55 +0000 (UTC), Moonshadao
    <> wrote or quoted :

    >That is Typical Ass to Penis Insertion right?
    >I'll bet you are on the receiving end of that.

    This puzzling post is a from a person who claims to be a Taoist. A
    message from sci.physics.particle was cross posted to his
    alt.philosophy.taoism and I commented on it without removing that
    newsgroup even after he had ordered everyone to do so in another post.

    He said that he will do a negative post on everything I post anywhere
    from now on in revenge. I suggest plonking him.

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Nov 5, 2003
  5. Rajatheone

    Dale King Guest

    "Rajatheone" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    > I've basic knowledge of TAPI and made couple of applications.
    > But as far as JTAPI is concerned, I cannot understand any thing out
    > of it.
    >
    > As to what is this 'Implementation', JTAPI itself cannot make a phone
    > call,
    > What hardware are we talking abt, I know like avaya does give the
    > CT-Connect and ctcserver.jar, is this is called an implementation of
    > which I can use JTAPI on?
    > I want to make phone call's and recieve phone call's thru modems how
    > can I do that?
    > Are there any specific Hardware vendors of which JTAPI can deal with?
    >
    > How do I proceed in this, any guide lines would be highly appreciated.
    >
    > I want to develop a sorta ACD application.

    The JTAPI spec defines the way that a program interacts with the provider of
    the hardware. It is up to the provider of the hardware to provide an
    implementation of JTAPI for their hardware. The goal is that you can write
    an application that will work on different hardware. You change your JTAPI
    implementation, not your application.

    To get an implementation you would ask your provider for a JTAPI
    implementation. If they already provide a TAPI implementation you might look
    at something like XTAPI (http://xtapi.sf.net) which provides a free JTAPI
    implementation that interfaces with TAPI. There is also GJTAPI
    (http://gjtapi.sf.net). Do a web search for JTAPI implementation will turn
    up several other choices.

    --
    Dale King
    Dale King, Nov 5, 2003
  6. Rajatheone

    Moonshadao Guest

    Roedy Green wrote:

    > On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 17:40:55 +0000 (UTC), Moonshadao
    > <> wrote or quoted :
    >
    > >That is Typical Ass to Penis Insertion right?
    > >I'll bet you are on the receiving end of that.

    > This puzzling post is a from a person who claims to be a Taoist.

    Who said I was a Taoist?
    I didn't. I said that you are a fucking moron.

    > message from sci.physics.particle was cross posted to his
    > alt.philosophy.taoism and I commented on it without removing that
    > newsgroup even after he had ordered everyone to do so in another post.

    I ask nicely. I even said Please and Thanks.

    > He said that he will do a negative post on everything I post anywhere
    > from now on in revenge. I suggest plonking him.

    That is nice for those that know how isn't it?
    Or those that care to. Perhaps they want to know what DICK you are.

    Moonshadao, Nov 5, 2003
  7. On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 13:18:17 -0500, Roedy Green wrote
    (in message <>):

    > On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 17:40:55 +0000 (UTC), Moonshadao
    > <> wrote or quoted :
    >

    >> That is Typical Ass to Penis Insertion right?
    >> I'll bet you are on the receiving end of that.

    > This puzzling post is a from a person who claims to be a Taoist. A
    > message from sci.physics.particle was cross posted to his
    > alt.philosophy.taoism and I commented on it without removing that
    > newsgroup even after he had ordered everyone to do so in another post.
    >
    > He said that he will do a negative post on everything I post anywhere
    > from now on in revenge. I suggest plonking him.

    Already done.

    Patrick James, Nov 5, 2003
  8. Rajatheone

    John Baker Guest

    > On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 17:40:55 +0000 (UTC), Moonshadao
    > <> wrote or quoted :
    >

    > >That is Typical Ass to Penis Insertion right?
    > >I'll bet you are on the receiving end of that.

    > This puzzling post is a from a person who claims to be a Taoist. A
    > message from sci.physics.particle was cross posted to his
    > alt.philosophy.taoism and I commented on it without removing that
    > newsgroup even after he had ordered everyone to do so in another post.
    >
    > He said that he will do a negative post on everything I post anywhere
    > from now on in revenge. I suggest plonking him.

    Already done. He's no Taoist, although what he is also begins with 't'. <G>

    John Baker, Nov 5, 2003
  9. Rajatheone

    John Baker Guest

    "Moonshadao" <> wrote in message

    Off to the bozo bin with the rest of the trolls and idiots.....

    <PLONK!>
    John Baker, Nov 5, 2003
  10. Patrick James <> wrote:
    > On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 13:18:17 -0500, Roedy Green wrote
    > (in message <>):
    >
    >> On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 17:40:55 +0000 (UTC), Moonshadao
    >> <> wrote or quoted :
    >>

    >>> That is Typical Ass to Penis Insertion right?
    >>> I'll bet you are on the receiving end of that.

    >> This puzzling post is a from a person who claims to be a Taoist. A
    >> message from sci.physics.particle was cross posted to his
    >> alt.philosophy.taoism and I commented on it without removing that
    >> newsgroup even after he had ordered everyone to do so in another post.
    >>
    >> He said that he will do a negative post on everything I post anywhere
    >> from now on in revenge. I suggest plonking him.

    > Already done.

    I've a better killfile.

    --D.

    --