    that?

    Many thanks in advance,

    Aaron

    Aaron Fude, Jun 8, 2008

  2. Aaron Fude

    Tom Anderson Guest

    On Sun, 8 Jun 2008, Aaron Fude wrote:

    > I have a database application written in with strictly hierarchical data
    > and I would like to expose it to the windows platform as if it were a
    > mountable network drive. Where do I begin finding out how to do that?

    There's a thing called FUSE, Filesystem in USErspace, which is a kernel
    module which lets userspace programs implement filesystems - the kernel
    module talks to the filesystem part of the kernel, and forwards the
    requests to registered userspace programs. It was originally a Linux
    thing, but has been ported to BSD and MacOS:

    http://fuse.sourceforge.net/

    and now Windows XP:

    http://dokan-dev.net/en/

    There's a Java binding for the userspace side:

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/fuse-j

    And one for Windows:

    http://yukoba.accelart.jp/2008/05/windows-fuse-dokan-become-open-source.html

    Which is similar in intent but completely different in detail.

    tom

    --
    Everybody with a heart votes love

    Tom Anderson, Jun 8, 2008

  3. Aaron Fude

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    Arne Vajhøj, Jun 8, 2008
  4. Aaron Fude

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    JavaOnMac Junkie wrote:
    > In article
    > <>,
    > Aaron Fude <> wrote:
    >> I have a database application written in with strictly hierarchical
    >> data and I would like to expose it to the windows platform as if it
    >> were a mountable network drive. Where do I begin finding out how to do
    >> that?
    >>
    >> Many thanks in advance,

    > http://jcifs.samba.org/
    >
    > Google is your friend...