Same Application with Web and Desktop Application Interface

Guest

Hi All,

I am required to design and build an application which

would have two
flavors i.e. Web Application and a Desktop Application (

without
internet access).

i need to keep data synchronized b/w these two

applications.
The functionality of the both applications is same.

I need ur opinion on its design and implementation issues

so that data
synchronizing task can be done easily.
and also on code reusability.

i guess i can't use SOA ( Service Oriented Architecture)

because my
desktop application is disconnected from Internet.

regards,
Khurram Shahzad

S.M. Altaf [MVP]

Then how is it that you expect to keep them synchronized? An internet
connection will have to be mandatory. If not during usage of the desktop
application, then at some point, when the user connects, the application
will need to search for updates. You will have to create an update
mechanism for the desktop application's database, and possibly for the one
on the Web. Is it a specification that your desktop app is disconnected
from the Internet?

-Altaf

Guest

Altaf,

Yes my desktop app is disconnected from internet. what you suggest on
the mechanism of updating the records on Web from Desktop applicatin.

regards,
khurram