Same aspx page/different folders

tshad

I have 2 aspx pages that are virtually identical, except for a few security
differences.

I have 2 folders, my non-secure folder and my secure folder.

There is one page in each. The one in the security folder checks to see if
you are logged on and allows you to do a couple of things the non-secure
does not. If the page is called in the non-secure area, it just works. If
the page in the Secure area is called, the Login page is automatically
called if a person is not logged on yet.

This works fine, for the most part.

The problem is that I find that as I make changes to one, I have to make
changes to the other and I find that I littler errors creep in as I try to
make the same changes, or changes get made in one that don't get made to
another.

I was wondering if there is a clean way to handle this or do you just have
to procedurally handle the 2 pages.

I thought about code-behind (as these pages are not), but you would still
have multiple files to deal with.

Thanks,

Tom

tshad

Steve C. Orr said:
You could put the common stuff in a user control, and put the user control
on both pages.

I thought about that, but it really is the other way around.

Most of the page is the same.

I could put what is different in a custom control, but I still have the
problem of changes (new objects on the page, how the objects are handled,
etc).

Tom