Same file in different apps

Hemant Bhargava

Well say if i need app/models/abc.rb of an existing application ABC into
new application DEF, then what all i need to do? There are so many files
i need to be shared but did'nt have any fair idea how to get it.

So rubians :), help me on it.

Karuppasamy M.

I think following suggestions is help to solve your problem.

1. If your project is controlled by SVN. You can use the svn-external
command to import the copy of the #1 project-1 models to #2 project-2.
So, both project is using same database. ( you can import individual
model also, but you need setup the separate environment).

or

2. If you development environment is Linux flavour then, you just create
the symbolic link to the first project model folder to second project