same html code behave differently in IE and FireFox

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by usgog, Mar 23, 2007.

  1. usgog

    usgog Guest

    Here is my html code snippet:
    option:hover {
    background:#e5ecf9;
    }

    <select style="border:solid 1px #7f9db9" name="select" size="4" ">
    <option value="name1">Name1</option>
    <option value="name2">name2</option>
    <option value="name3">name3</option>
    <option value="name4">name4</option>
    </select>

    So I want to make the drop down list look like a panel and the options
    are hoverable. But in IE: options are NOT hoverable and it looks like
    a big text field with border indent.
    in FireFox: options are hoverable and no border indent. (GOOD!) BUT it
    has a grey'ed vertical scrollbar.

    So how to make the display consistent in both IE and FF without the
    scrollbar, options hoverable, and like a panel?

    usgog, Mar 23, 2007

  2. usgog wrote:

    > Here is my html code snippet:
    > option:hover {
    > background:#e5ecf9;
    > }

    Hardly a javascript question but IE does not support :hover on anything
    other than <a href=...>

    --
    Richard.

    Richard Formby, Mar 24, 2007

  3. usgog

    RobG Guest

    On Mar 24, 9:48 am, "usgog" <> wrote:
    > Here is my html code snippet:
    > option:hover {
    > background:#e5ecf9;
    >
    > }

    > <select style="border:solid 1px #7f9db9" name="select" size="4" ">
    > <option value="name1">Name1</option>
    > <option value="name2">name2</option>
    > <option value="name3">name3</option>
    > <option value="name4">name4</option>
    > </select>
    >
    > So I want to make the drop down list look like a panel and the options
    > are hoverable.

    This is a javascript news group, ask in a CSS group:

    --
    Rob

    RobG, Mar 24, 2007