    with the same sidebar. What's the best way to do it so that if I make
    a change in the content of the sidebar I only have to change one file,
    and not all the individual pages?

    Bill, May 16, 2006

  2. Bill wrote:

    > I'm making a site using css that will have several different pages all
    > with the same sidebar. What's the best way to do it so that if I make
    > a change in the content of the sidebar I only have to change one file,
    > and not all the individual pages?

    http://allmyfaqs.net/faq.pl?Include_one_file_in_another

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

    David Dorward, May 16, 2006

  3. Bill

    Bill Guest

    On Tue, 16 May 2006 20:16:05 +0100, David Dorward <>
    wrote:

    >Bill wrote:
    >
    >> I'm making a site using css that will have several different pages all
    >> with the same sidebar. What's the best way to do it so that if I make
    >> a change in the content of the sidebar I only have to change one file,
    >> and not all the individual pages?

    >http://allmyfaqs.net/faq.pl?Include_one_file_in_another

    Thanks.

    Bill, May 16, 2006
  4. Jonathan N. Little, May 16, 2006
  5. Bill

    Bill Guest

    Bill, May 16, 2006
  6. Bill wrote:
    > On Tue, 16 May 2006 16:20:16 -0400, "Jonathan N. Little"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Bill are you *really* associated with blah.com? You do realize it is a
    >> *real* domain registered to 2009
    >>
    >> http://kris.koehntopp.de/service/whois/index.html?host=blah.com&find=Lookup host!

    > Nope, I just stuck something random in there. ;D

    I don't think the owner appreciates receiving your spam. If you must put
    a bogus email address into your news reader either have a dedicated spam
    bucket address on your own domain or insure the address you choose
    absolutely *cannot* be a real domain and tromp on some else's 'domain'

    lid

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, May 16, 2006
  7. Try PHP.

    ,------[ PHP Code Snippet ]

    | <?PHP include 'file.ext'; ?>

    `------

    where '.ext' can be '.PHP', '.TXT', or '.INC'.

    So your page could be something like

    ,------[ PHP Code Snippet ]

    | [...]
    | <?PHP include 'file.ext'; ?>