SAML and .NET?

Bob

I'm doing a scoping study for a Single-Sign-On integration project with a
client. The client's SSO interface is built on SAML 1.1 specification using
Verisign TSIK, and needless to say, they have a java environment. We are
100% .NET. I was surprised that I couldn't find any resources on
implementing SAML in .NET, given that SAML uses pretty much the same
technology as Microsoft does in its WSE. Has anyone done this? Any help or
pointing me to some resources is appreciated.

Bob

Scott Mitchell [MVP]

I'm doing a scoping study for a Single-Sign-On integration project
with a client. The client's SSO interface is built on SAML 1.1
specification using Verisign TSIK, and needless to say, they have a
java environment. We are 100% .NET. I was surprised that I couldn't
find any resources on implementing SAML in .NET, given that SAML uses
pretty much the same technology as Microsoft does in its WSE. Has
anyone done this?

You might want to get in touch with Michele Leroux Bustamante. In a blog
entry at http://www.dasblonde.net/PermaLink.aspx?guid=2a7d365c-e4ac-4bdc-9d45-9cd0190421af
she says: "SAML will be supported, because WSE is extensible. Actually, Benjamin
Mitchell and I worked on a SAML sample for our interoperability demonstration
with Axis/SourceID.so we kinda already have a start on that!"

So she might have an actual SAML implementation in .NET... worth dropping
her a line to discuss it further...

Happy Programming

Joined
Jul 12, 2010
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Try this componentsoft.net/component/saml.net/ SAML Component for .NET and you may want to read some articles on this samlcomponent.net/ saml blog

Joined
Nov 14, 2010
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
The ComponentSpace SAML components provide easy SAML enablement of ASP.NET applications.

More details may be found at componentspace.com/saml.