saml in .net

KNLN Ravi Shankar

Hi All,
i need to use saml in my application, how can i do it.
i need what are the requirements to use this, any sample examples of
implementing it,etc.
actually my requirement is that, there is a security API and it will
return the user's
profile( as i enter username and password ) and that security API is using
saml for this security check. i think it will return in some format and i
need to use some other way in saml to decode it and use the set of
permissions that pirticular user is having.
everything is in analysis and design stage only both my applicaton and
security API, i need to know more about saml upfront and try to use it once
to get ready to use it later.
pls help me in this regard
thanks