    Also, does anyone have any recommended resources (books, websites) to find
    examples of implementing SAML in .NET.

    Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

    jt, May 29, 2005

  2. Hello JT,

    the only sign of SAML in the microsoft space i have seen so far is, that
    AzMan in W2K3 R2 will support SAML tokens as identities...

    would love to hear other pointers or opinions...

    ---------------------------------------
    Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
    http://www.leastprivilege.com

    Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor], May 30, 2005

  3. Hey Dominick,

    This is in combination with the new ADFS stuff, right?

    Joe K.

    Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\), May 30, 2005
  4. Hello Joe,

    exactly.

    ---------------------------------------

    Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor], May 30, 2005
  5. jt

    jt Guest

    Dominick,

    Thanks for the info. Let me see if I understand this correctly - We are
    currently not using ADFS or AzMan and therefore, SAML is not an option at
    this point in time. I was asked to look into using SAML when authenticating
    from a .NET web application to another web application using credentials
    supplied by the .NET web application.

    Thanks.
    Jenny

    jt, May 31, 2005
  6. Hello JT,

    this is currently not supported.

    If you are using WSE - you can extend the token architecture - and i heard
    rumours that there may be a custom token that implements SAML. But i can't
    remember where i heard this.

    But out of the box - no this does not work.

    Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor], May 31, 2005
  7. i found this - don't know if this helps at all

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...l/T_Microsoft_Web_Services2_Security_SAML.asp

    Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor], Jun 1, 2005