SAML

jt

Does Microsoft fully support SAML? One article I read states that Microsoft
supports SAML tokens but does not plan to support the SAML protocol.

Also, does anyone have any recommended resources (books, websites) to find
examples of implementing SAML in .NET.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]

Hello JT,

the only sign of SAML in the microsoft space i have seen so far is, that
AzMan in W2K3 R2 will support SAML tokens as identities...

would love to hear other pointers or opinions...

Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\)

Hey Dominick,

This is in combination with the new ADFS stuff, right?

Joe K.

jt

Dominick,

Thanks for the info. Let me see if I understand this correctly - We are
currently not using ADFS or AzMan and therefore, SAML is not an option at
this point in time. I was asked to look into using SAML when authenticating
from a .NET web application to another web application using credentials
supplied by the .NET web application.

Thanks.
Jenny

Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]

Hello JT,

this is currently not supported.

If you are using WSE - you can extend the token architecture - and i heard
rumours that there may be a custom token that implements SAML. But i can't
remember where i heard this.

But out of the box - no this does not work.

---------------------------------------
Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
http://www.leastprivilege.com
Dominick,

Thanks for the info. Let me see if I understand this correctly - We
are currently not using ADFS or AzMan and therefore, SAML is not an
option at this point in time. I was asked to look into using SAML when
authenticating from a .NET web application to another web application
using credentials supplied by the .NET web application.

Thanks.
Jenny
Dominick Baier said:
Hello Joe,

exactly.

[...]

i found this - don't know if this helps at all

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...l/T_Microsoft_Web_Services2_Security_SAML.asp

[...]

Dominick Baier said:
Hello Joe,

exactly.