Sample ASP.Net on web site

Rockn

I am trying to run through a tutorial on this page:
http://www.asp.net/learn/data-access/tutorial-01-vb.aspx

I have created the SuppliersRow class with the method GetProducts() and also
created the SuppliersAndProduct.aspx page as well as the onLoad event
handler. When I hover over the top part of the source for the page that
reads:

<%@ Page Language="VB" CodeFile="SuppliersAndProducts.aspx.vb"
AutoEventWireup="true" Inherits="SuppliersAndProducts" %>

I get the squiggly underline and the intelisense says that Type
'Northwind.SuppliersRow' is not defined.

When I look in the class viewer SuppliersRow is listed and GetProducts does
show up as a method.

Thanks

Guest

Hi,

Please check have you installed "SQL Express" at time of installation.
Because
1. your MDF file is in App_Code directory
2. your web.config should conain
"AttachDbFilename=|DataDirectory|\NORTHWND.MDF;". so SQL Express (not SQL
Server) is required. else change connection string and store your data in SQL
Server

Rockn

I am using a SQL server version of the Northwind database. This is not a
database connectivity problem, I can access and manipulate data just fine.

Rockn

Figured it out. The root namespace is not coming into the application so I
had to add the namespace to the projectname.datatable.suppliersrow