sample of configuration for Hebrew

Mr. x

Hello,
I would like to change web.config file so it will fit to Hebrew pages.

I need a sample of how to do that (configuration section, but I need a
sample code, please).

Thanks :)

Natty Gur

Hi,

What exactly you need to change? One of my clients that develop many web
Hebrew applications as one enterprise system does it without any changes
in web.cofig.

Natty Gur[MVP]
Phone Numbers:
Office: +972-(0)9-7740261
Fax: +972-(0)9-7740261
Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377

Mr. x

Hello again,

I am using web-services, and the web-service function has hebrew in the
result.
When using hosting company (the hosting on my computer works good, but
hosting on other machine doesn't work - I see instead of Hebrew characters
"a" with two dots above it, etc...)

Two things I think I should do.
1) Find another hosting company, which I don't know who's the best, after I
invastigate a lot which is the appropoiate to my needs and money (mine is
www.webhost4life.com, and for the same deal they asked me 140$ a year
without tax, Israelians companies ask me 1500$ a year + tax). If you know a
company in Israel that can supply me the same deal for about 140$, I would
be glade (150M bytes, 10G-15G band width, unlimited domain names, sql-server
included in the deal ...))
I don't understand why Israelian hosting companies are so so expensive !?

2) Change some configuration on the server (webservice is a server side, so
how I can I do that without changing web.config, which I think this is the
obvious solution)

Maybe there are some important things I should know, but I need a solution,
so if you can give me a sample for web.config I would be glade.
If you can give me some advises, I would be glade too.

Thanks :)

Natty Gur

Hi,

It looks like an encoding issue. check that your web.config configure to
encode response in UTF-8 and browser encoding (response.charset) set to
"UTF-8".

let me know ...

Natty Gur[MVP]
Phone Numbers:
Office: +972-(0)9-7740261
Fax: +972-(0)9-7740261
Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377

Mr. x

Hello,

I am a newbie on web.config,
so what I put on web.config something like this,
in the web site.
(windows-1255 is the character set for Hebrew).

<configuration>
<system.web>
<globalization requestEncoding="windows-1255"
responseEncoding="windows-1255" />
</system.web>
</configuration>

but when I want to use the web-service I get the message :service
unavailable,
(seems that the hosting company can handle web.config).
so I delete the web.config, and what I get is instead of hebrew character,
just jibrish (unexpected characters),
but web-service work (wrongly with characters).

I need a little help in the web.config.
For now, just for that case, I need a little sample, that works, please.

Thanks :)

Mr. x

Thanks,

For my opinion, I have already solved the problem.
What I did :
<configuration>
<system.web>
<globalization
requestEncoding="windows-1255"
responseEncoding="windows-1255"
fileEncoding="windows-1255"
culture="he-IL"
uiCulture="he-IL"
/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

This code is case sensitive, so requestencoding is different then
requestEncoding (and requestencoding is an error),
that took me hours to figure out (isn't there is a simple validator for
web.config, that point me to the mistakes in web.config ? - also validators
for javascript, aspx, asmx - I am looking for such free tools a long time
....).

Thanks, anyway ...