    best way to do this? I need something that will always run, regardless
    of browser settings (disabling of javascript, etc...). Thanks.
    , May 25, 2005

  2. Tim Slattery Guest

    wrote:

    >Hi. I maintain an asp website with many input text boxes. I need to
    >check all the data that is typed in for special chars. What is the
    >best way to do this? I need something that will always run, regardless
    >of browser settings (disabling of javascript, etc...). Thanks.

    The only foolproof way to do this is to check the data on the server
    after it's been submitted. If it doesn't meet with your standards,
    then send it back to the client along with an error message.

    --
    Tim Slattery
    MS MVP(DTS)
    Tim Slattery, May 25, 2005

    Thanks Tim. That's where I get confused though. How do I ensure that
    I'm "on the server"?
    , May 25, 2005
  4. oh man...

    Kyle Peterson, May 25, 2005
  5. Tim Slattery Guest

    wrote:

    >Thanks Tim. That's where I get confused though. How do I ensure that
    >I'm "on the server"?

    If you don't know that, you need some very basic education about ASP.
    Here's one site that might be of aid: http://www.learnasp.com/learn/

    Google for others.

    --
    Tim Slattery
    MS MVP(DTS)
    Tim Slattery, May 25, 2005

    doh! i got it. sorry, it's been awhile.

    Tim Slattery wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Thanks Tim. That's where I get confused though. How do I ensure that
    > >I'm "on the server"?

    > If you don't know that, you need some very basic education about ASP.
    > Here's one site that might be of aid: http://www.learnasp.com/learn/
    >
    > Google for others.
    >
    > --
    > Tim Slattery